There are many questions about this weekend, so here is the schedule again.
• Attached is the schedule of events and the order form for First Communion pictures.
• Please have the order form completed and payment ready for your order when you come for pictures/rehearsal.
• Please come dress for pictures, even if you do not plan to purchase any photos. We want everyone in the group photo.
• For all students who were not Baptized at Mother Teresa, please contact the Parish of Baptism and request a Certificate of Baptism to be mailed to Mother Teresa Church.
• Please return your child’s sacrament box to the classroom. We will have them on display at First Communion. Make sure you are gathering notes from siblings, grandparents, godparents, etc. to add to their box. You can bring in items and place in their box any time. We will have them down in the Parish Hall at the Reception following First Communion where they will receive all the special things collected.
Tonight - Wednesday, April 24th at 6:00pm
Mandatory Liturgy Rehearsal for ALL Sunday and Wednesday students
Parents are welcome to stay, but do not need to attend
Regular dress, do not wear your First Communion attire
Please pick up your student from the sanctuary at 7:15pm
Saturday, April 27th at 8:30am
First Communion pictures - individual and group
Order form attached and order forms available that day
Please come dressed and ready
Please come for pictures even if you do not plan to purchase
We want everyone for the group picture
Saturday, April 27th at 9:00am
Mandatory Dress Rehearsal for ALL students
Stay dressed in First Communion attire for entire practice
This rehearsal is different than what we practice on Wednesday
There will be other soccer games, but only one First Communion
This is an important rehearsal, make it a special event!
Plan for 1 1/2 to 2 hours for rehearsal
Sunday, April 28th
No religion class Sunday morning for 2nd graders (other grades have class)
Arrive at 12:30pm and meet in 3rd grade classroom dressed and ready
First Communion Mass starts at 1:00pm
Reception after Mass downstairs in Parish Hall
Make sure and pick up your First Communion box and certificate from downstairs
Please contact us if you have any other questions!
This is an important time in your child’s life! They will be receiving 2 Sacraments this year, the Sacraments of Reconciliation (First Confession) and the Eucharist (First Holy Communion).
As we help them prepare for these Sacraments, please help us by practicing the following prayer at home. It is a good prayer for them to know by heart before their First Confession. We will be practicing it in class, but saying it at home before bedtime or before Mass would really help them memorize it.
Act of Contrition
O, my God, I am heartily sorry for having offended you. And I detest all my sins because of your just punishment. But most of all, because they offend you, my God, who are all-good and deserving of all my love. I firmly resolve, with the help of Your grace, to offend no more and to avoid the near occasion of sin. Amen
Important Dates to Remember:
Tuesday, Nov. 27, 2018: First Reconciliation - Meet at 6:30 pm - Starts at 7:00 pm
Sunday, Feb. 17, 2019: Parent Meeting about First Communion
Wednesday, Feb. 20, 2019: Parent Meeting about First Communion
Wednesday, Apr. 24, 2019: * Mandatory First Communion Liturgy Rehearsal for both Wed & Sun Students, 6:00 pm
Saturday, Apr. 27, 2019: First Communion Pictures at 8:30 am and * Mandatory Dress Rehearsal at 9:00 am
Sunday, Apr. 28, 2019: First Communion Celebration - 1:00 pm Mass
Students meet in 3rd grade classroom at 12:30pm
Cookies & punch reception to follow in Parish Hall.
* The Liturgy Rehearsals on the Wednesday and Saturday before First Communion are mandatory. Plan now to miss that soccer game. Only family emergencies will be allowed as an excused absence. Your child needs to be at these rehearsals so they know what to do at First Communion. Mark it on your calendar now.
And, just as a friendly reminder, it is very important that your child attend class and Mass each week. As we help prepare them to receive Jesus in the Eucharist, please remember that they will learn much more from you and your good example.
Please contact us if you have any questions. We look forward to this special time with your children!
Jenny VanLeeuwen - Wednesday